Another Day

Friday, January 18, 2013

hmmm, what a ....coincidence

 
So here's the story about what appears to be a normal, boring text to my sister-in-law Wednesday morning:
 
I was working in the pharmacy, before we opened, filling prescriptions.  Right before opening up I randomly thought about Teresa and how we hadn't talked lately.  Since it's not softball season we hadn't really seen each other much.  I really don't like talking on the phone, so I am terrible at calling folks just to chat.  So she crossed my mind and I decided to shoot her the text you see in green above.  She replied that she was at the Cancer Center having some spots removed off her nose.  She was actually partly through the procedure and was waiting to see if the doctor thought he had removed all the cancer or would have to take out more tissue.  She seemed grateful that I had remembered she was having the procedure and had texted her to check in. I didn't let on that I didn't even know she was having the procedure at all (not to mention, THAT day, at THAT moment).
 
I called John later in the day to get on him for not remembering to tell me about Tre's procedure.  He told me that he didn't even know about it.  I later texted Tre back to tell her that I had a confession:  I didn't text to thoughtfully check on her surgery....I had just texted because she crossed my mind out of nowhere. 
 
Hmmm, what a ....coincidence....
 
Coincidence is defined as:  the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident  but seem to have some connection
 
Providence is defined as:  the foreseeing care and GUIDANCE of God over the creatures of earth, God directing the affairs of humankind, God guiding human destiny
 
Well, truthfully, I haven't believed in "coincidences" in a very long time.  Nothing happens "just because".  No doubt I'm sure we witnessed the providence of God.  It wasn't my decision to think about her, God placed her on my heart for a reason.  And this isn't the first time something like this has happened.  How wonderful to see God acting in our lives. 
 
Hmmm, coincidence?  I think not. 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home