Another Day

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Shout Out for my favorite fireman

Some of you may not know, but as of the first of this year, my favorite "older" nephew became a full time fireman with the Fuquay Varina Fire Department. He has volunteered for years before applying to do this for a living. Naturally, I have some concerns over the danger of the job. However, I accept my worry as a part of him getting to do what he loves. It suits him well. This blog is to brag on his recent accomplishments. This month the department had their 35th annual fireman's banquet. He received two awards! He received a 2007 Unit Citation Award which is given to firefighters who worked during damaging, weather-related events. And he received a Life Saving Award. This reward goes to firemen who performed a service which likely saved a life. He assisted in giving a lady CPR and keeping her alive until paramedics arrived. Pretty impressive I would say. I have a renewed appreciation of ALL firemen. May we always keep their safety in our prayers. Congrats Lee! Fuquay is lucky to have you!

4 Comments:

  • Congrats to Lee! Being a firefighter is often a thankless job. It is good to hear that he is doing a great job and having a positive impact in the community.

    By Blogger Terry, At February 21, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

  • Girlfriend.....you know how to pull my heartstrings and know where I stand on this. I am very proud but scared at the same time best of the mommy coming out in me. I have watched and cared for this little boy to become the strong willed and passionate man he is! The best part of the whole story is to here him talk abotu the event and the EXCITEMENT in his voice. HE IS TRULY MY HERO FOREVER AND ALWAYS.

    By Blogger ChelleBelle, At February 21, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

  • I still remember him talking about being a fireman 15-16 years ago! I thought it was just a thing. I guess he wasn't just talking.

    By Blogger LaCosta, At February 24, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

  • I still remember him talking about being a fireman 15-16 years ago! I thought it was just a thing. I guess he wasn't just talking.

    By Blogger LaCosta, At February 24, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home