Another Day

Sunday, December 7, 2008

a challenge: our business to keep Christ is Christmas business

Dear Friends,

I'm writing this letter with a special Christmas challenge. Since I am a Christian working in a retail store, this is an special request: let's keep Christ is Christmas. Now, you may be thinking, "okay, I do that" but I challenge us all to do it in the businesses we see and patronize. What I mean is simple...if you see Christ being respected, recognized, and, even better, exalted in a place of business...SAY SOMETHING. I feel (and this is me talking, not my employer) that retail places WANT Christmas to be about Christ. The problem is that the consumers they may hear from the most are the ones who are protesting and resisting the sole reason for the season. They listen to all voices and want to please all their customers...that's where we come into the equation. They want to please us too. In my opinion, too many times the majority voice isn't heard because we simply don't speak up. The minority voices do. This is fine but we have to remember that we have an EQUAL opinion too. (Sorry if I'm getting preachy or political). I am so pleased to say that I have seen Christian/Jesus shirts in a center display in Wal-mart in the summer. (I bought 3). I also bought kid's Valentine's day cards from Wal-mart that had Bible verses on them. They weren't put in some special "church" section of the store. They were placed right there in main stream. Thus my challenge: if you see a store or business representing Christmas as it should be done, PLEASE patronize that store and, even better, fire off an email to the home office telling them of your support. They need to hear our voices too. That way, at the next board meeting discussing issues, they'll have our voice as part of the consumers they are trying to please and keep.

Sincerely,
Amy

P.S. help me apply the challenge year-round also

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home