Another Day

Monday, April 19, 2010

Potential

Potential: capable of being but not yet in existence. having possibility, capability, or power. (American Heritage Dictionary)


Once there was a man who was out of a job and needing to support his family. He heard that the church was hiring a janitor. So, he went to apply. When he got there the church secretary gave him the application to fill out. He said "I'm sorry, but I can't read". She replied, "well, even though this is for the job of janitor, you still have to be able to read to get the job".

He became desperate to support his family so he set up a make-do hotdog stand and began selling hotdogs. Well, everyone who had his hotdogs, loved them. Eventually he went on to rent a place to open a hotdog restaurant. Then two, three, and more hotdog restaurants. Eventually he had restaurants all over the USA. He was so rich that he went to put all his money in the bank.

At the bank, the banker gave him some forms to fill out. He said "I'm sorry, but I can't read". The banker was very surprised and replied, "gosh, just imagine where you'd be if you could read". The man replied, "yea, I'd be janitor at the church".


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home