Another Day

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Silver Alert

So, I am becoming quite desensitized to the whole Silver Alert system. This has been bothering me for quite a while. Now, I know this system was put into place to help some elderly person with dementia who has wandered away and risks staying out all night lost. (And I actually know someone like this that the system helped find). Sounds like a great plan to have everyone within ear shot of the silver alert to look out for this person. But we've progressed to where a silver alert can be for any adult with "cognitive impairment". Well, we get so many silver alerts now that I wonder if folks are even listening? Truthfully, drunkenness is a state of cognitive impairment. Is this the same as searching for an elderly Alzheimer's patient? The kicker for me was the headline this morning that a missing "silver alert" 24 year was found by the police...he was locked up in the Wake County jail. And by the way...thanks for every one's concern...the silver alert has been cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home