Another Day

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm Old-fashioned and I have the right to be.

I realized after the presidential election that so often I am "preaching to the choir" about my view on things...this topic will probably be the same.

Today I'm inclined to speak about tolerance, well, more specifically: intolerance. Tolerance is the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs, views, opinions, and practices of others. Note: this does NOT necessarily mean that you are in agreement with the things you tolerate.

Miss California's answer in the final question of the Miss USA pageant reminds me of something I heard once. Many people preaching "tolerance" are actually very INTOLERANT. What they are really preaching is that they think they are correct in their views and only "tolerate" you thinking they are correct also.

While conservative "old fashioned" people (hopefully) respectfully disagree with many accepted views of our day and time...do liberal, "modern" people do the same regarding our views? Too many times it seems "right" to stand up for what is morally wrong and "wrong" to stand up for what is morally right.

While I couldn't care less about pageants or beauty queens, I do care that people with biblical views be able to express themselves equally without persecution (whether it is losing the pageant or simply having to defend your stance over and over).

We have rights too. While we express our conservative, hopefully biblically-based views we'll just have to agree to disagree with those who don't feel the same way. And they owe us the same courtesy. I know I'm old-fashioned...and I have the right to be!!

1 Comments:

  • Totally agree. The very definition of "tolerant" has been changed. Imagine if she had said she was in favor of gay marraige and the judge had voted against her for it. What would happen? The judge would probably be hiding in South America right now for fear of his life.

    By Blogger Pastor Chris, At April 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home