Another Day

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Beware of Wii

Okay, so this past Thursday I was introduced to Wii. Abe and the boys brought theirs over here so we could join the madness that is playing wii. I loved the tennis and did far better than I do in reality. I beat John in bowling and I'm sure this has never happened in reality. Libby and I duked it out in boxing. After several knock-downs in the blue and red corners...she finally finished the job and tko'd me. The reality of boxing is simple: it will kick a 40 year old's butt. I cannot tell you how winded I was. I was quite disappointed that the break between rounds was unrealistically short (practically non-existent). Needless to say, we didn't play a second match. This was the game on the wii sports not the wii fit. But, the next day I was FIT alright...fit to stay right in bed and let my sore muscles heal. I did go to work anyway and felt the results of all the punches I had thrown the prior night. I called Stephen the next night and asked him to get in the car, drive to Wal-mart to give me a much needed back rub. He said he couldn't help me (and actually couldn't talk to me anymore on the phone) because it was his turn to play wii again. So, I asked Thomas to help me out. He said he'd drive to where I was...but I'm still waiting. I think the wii manufacturer would do old folks much justice if they'd include in their packaging phone numbers of local massage therapists or, at least, a sick note for work the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home