Another Day

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Priceless cheap stuff



We all have those decorations or traditions that aren’t expensive but mean so much.  This nativity set is one of mine.   I purchased it on the day after Christmas in 1991.   John and I had just gotten engaged and so I was crazy excited to go out early that December 26th with Mommy for those post-Christmas sales.   In this trip I would be buying stuff for the first Christmas in John and my home the following year.   I found this set at Kerr Drugs (now no longer existing).   It was half off the original price of $14.99.  Since then it’s been a focal point of our Christmas EVERY year.  Sure, there are fancier and more beautiful sets to be had; and, truthfully, I’ve desired them at times.  But I can’t part from keeping this one as my only one.   I bought it with a dream and excitement in my heart.   It’s tried and true and unchanging just like my Lord.  It is enough.  It will always be enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home